Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freaking Exercise

This post isn't so much a ?! as it is a !!

My awesome wife got me this cool nike+ this for my 31st birthday (this saturday, Jan 24, if you were wondering).  Not only is this hilarious because she's obviously telling me I'm fat, but it has also motivated me to start running again.  Since becoming a father, I have let the whole working out thing slide a fair bit, so I'm just getting back into the swing of it.  We got a jogging stroller on craigs list, and I've changed my work schedule because Rechelle is going back to school.  I get home at 3ish, so Claire and I get to spend some quality time running around the neighborhood.

I've added a widget on the right hand side of the page if you're interested in my progress.  I've set a goal for myself to run 25 miles in the next 4 weeks.  Thats 25 total miles over 4 weeks, not a 25 mile run in 4 weeks, that would be crazy :-)

In any case, feel free to make fun of me for being fat and lazy, but be sure to check my progress and give me crap if I am not meeting my goals.  Afterall, if the approval of random anonymous people on the internet is not motivation for me to get out and run, I don't know what is!

1 comment:

Mikkele Suzanne said...

fun! i wish i got done at 3 and could go running with claire. jealous.